|THE WEEK AHEAD: SECTION IV, DISTRICT 4 TITLES ON THE LINE (2018-10-28)
Valley Sports Report
THE VALLEY — It’s that time of year when every event means something. There will be Section IV titles on the line this week in football, volleyball, girls swimming, girls soccer, and cross country, while North of the Border District 4 will crown soccer champs and begin its football playoffs.
There are 13 events on the docket this week, including three on Wednesday and three on Saturday
The following is a complete list of this week’s postseason events.
• The second-seeded Waverly girls will square off with top-seed Chenango Forks, also the top-ranked team in Class B in New York, in the Section IV, Class B Championship game at Norwich H.S. at 7 p.m.
• The seventh-seeded Sayre girls will take on second-seed South Williamsport in the quarterfinals of the District 4, Class A girls soccer playoffs.
• Waverly volleyball will host Thomas A. Edison in the quarterfinals of the Section IV, Class C playoffs, while Tioga hosts Delhi in the Class D quarterfinals.
• The top-seeded Athens girls take on fourth-seed Shikellamy at Loyalsock High School at 5 p.m. in the semifinals of the District 4, Class AAA soccer playoffs.
• The top-seeded Athens boys follow the Lady Wildcats in a semi-final match-up against fourth-seed Jersey Shore at Loyalsock High School.
• The Waverly girls swim in the Section IV, Class B preliminaries at Owego High School.
• The Waverly and Tioga cross country teams compete at the Section IV Championships at Chenango Valley State Park.
• Tioga football seeks its seventh Section IV, Class D title in eight years when it takes on Greene at Union-Endicott’s Ty Cobb Stadium in the Class D championship game.
• Sayre football is on the road at Muncy in the District 4, Class A semifinals.
• Waverly football seeks its fourth Section IV title under longtime coach Jason Miller when it takes on Susquehanna Valley, ranked second in the state, at Union-Endicott’s Ty Cobb Stadium in the Class C championship game.
• Seventh-seed Athens travels to second-seed Montoursville for a District 4, Class AAA quarterfinal-match-up.
• The Waverly girls swim team competes in the Section IV, Class B Championships at Owego High School.
Print Friendly Version