Valley Sports Report
THE VALLEY — League championships — baseball, softball, track & field, and golf — dot the week’s schedule, which wraps up with the District 4 Track & Field Championships at Williamsport High School.
There are 29 events on the schedule for the week, including eight Monday and and eight Thursday, with the possibility of make-up games being added.
The following are some, not all, of the top events for the upcoming week:
• Athens baseball hosts North Penn-Mansfield with a chance to clinch the division title.
• Athens softball hosts North Penn-Liberty.
• Waverly softball hosts S-VE.
• Tioga boys golf hosts Watkins Glen.
• Waverly softball squares off with Marathon in the IAC semifinals at Cornell University.
• Waverly baseball takes on Lansing in the IAC semifinals at Tompkins-Cortland Community College.
• Waverly softball and baseball will be in the IAC Championship game with a win Tuesday.
• Sayre softball hosts Mountain View in a non-league contest.
• Athens and Sayre are in Day 1 action at the District 4 Track & Field Championships at Williamsport H.S.
• Waverly and Tioga compete in Day 1 of the IAC Track & Field Championships at Trumansbrug H.S.
• Waverly softball hosts Binghamton in a non-league tilt.
• Waverly and Tioga compete in Day 2 of the IAC Track & Field Championships at Trumansbrug H.S.
• Waverly girls golf seeks its fourth consecutive IAC Championship at Tomasso’s Golf Course.
• Sayre baseball and softball hosts NEB.
• Tioga softball hosts Waverly.
• Athens and Sayre are in Day 2 action at the District 4 Track & Field Championships at Williamsport H.S.
• Athens softball travels to the Bloomsburg Tournament.